Saturday, November 7, 2009

Life as We Knew It by:Susan Beth Pfeffer

Life as We Knew It by: Susan Beth Pfeffer

Released: May 1,2008

Publisher: Harcourt Paperbacks


4.5 stars







Summary:It's almost the end of Miranda's sophomore year in high school, and her journal reflects the busy life of a typical teenager: conversations with friends, fights with mom, and fervent hopes for a driver's license. When Miranda first begins hearing the reports of a meteor on a collision course with the moon, it hardly seems worth a mention in her diary. But after the meteor hits, pushing the moon off its axis and causing worldwide earthquakes, tsunamis, and volcanoes, all the things Miranda used to take for granted begin to disappear. Food and gas shortages, along with extreme weather changes, come to her small Pennsylvania town; and Miranda's voice is by turns petulant, angry, and finally resigned, as her family is forced to make tough choices while they consider their increasingly limited options. Yet even as suspicious neighbors stockpile food in anticipation of a looming winter without heat or electricity, Miranda knows that that her future is still hers to decide even if life as she knew it is over.



Review: This book was so realistic it scared me. It has a lot of detail and the characters are so realistic. Miranda was my favorite character along with Mrs. Nesbitt.

I like Miranda`s voice when she wrote in her diary. I could relate to her and got a better look on how the world would end. It made me more thankful for my life. (corny. I know.)

I had 2 problems with the book is What happened to her dad,Sammi,and Dan and What happened to Becki. I mean I already knew but I want more details.

Overall: Needed to be a little bit more longer but other than that was really good.

No comments:

Post a Comment