Monday, December 14, 2009

The Betrayal of Natalie Hargrove

The Betrayal of Natalie Hargrove by: Lauren Kate

Published: November 12,2009

Publisher: Razorbill

Summary: A Steamy Southern Beauty Makes One Fatal Mistake.
Natalie Hargrove would kill to be her high school's Palmetto Princess. But her boyfriend Mike King doesn't share her dream and risks losing the honor of Palmetto Prince to Natalie's nemesis,Justin Balmer. So she convinces her boyfriend Mike to help play a prank on Justin...one that goes terribly wrong.They tie him to the front of the church after a party-when they arrive the next morning,Justin is dead.
From blackmail to buried desire, dark secrets to darker deeds,Natalie unravels. She never should've messed with fate. Fate is the one thing more twisted than Natalie Hargrove.
Cruel Intentions meets Macbeth in this seductive,revivting tale of conscience and consequence.

Review: I was disappointed with this book. I liked the plot,but I think the summary gave too much away.

Natalie Hargrove is the it girl who I can't stand. I hated her from the beginning. All she seemed to care about was the crown. She was a flat out bitch and I wasn't that crazy about her.

I also didn't like how the dad was also brought out. It seemed that we didn't really need him. I mean he was only in a chapter or two. There was already the drama about JB and the crown. Wasn't that enough?

The beginning was also pretty slow. All it talked about was Natalie's perfect life with Mike. The ending I did like though. I did not see it coming. Most of the characters I liked and the nicknames too. Like the Dick for Natalie's mom's boyfriend. It made it more realistic.

Overall: Could have been a lot more better

3 stars

No comments:

Post a Comment