Sunday, February 14, 2010

Top 8 by: Katie Finn

Top 8 by: Katie Finn

Published: October 1,2008 by: Point

Summary: Madison MacDonald is seriously freaking out
Madison MacDonald
16
Putnam, CT
Status: Single?
About Me:
Everything in my life was working out. I had my three best friends, a brand-new boyfriend, and the lead in the school play. Aside from that history paper I hadn't started, things felt perfect.
Then I returned from spring break to find my Friendverse profile hacked. Someone clearly out to ruin me had spilled the most damaging secrets - AND posted the worst photos of me ever taken - online.
Now my boyfriend and I are broken up, half the school hates me, and I'm in deep trouble.
Goals:
Get my boyfriend back, figure out who could have done this, and clear my name!
Also, pass history.


Review: Madison Macdonald's life is turned upside down when her Friendverse is hacked,exposing bad pictures,secrets,and breaking her up with her boyfriend. As Madison takes you on a laugh out loud adventure,trying to find out who the hacker is,you will be on the edge of your seat trying to figure out who it is.
Top 8 is a novel that keeps you guessing. Everytime I thought I knew who was the hacker,I was made wrong. Madison was a funny character,but sometimes she could really annoy me. The other characters were really fun too. Kittson made me laugh out loud. The only thing that I didn't like was how many characters there were. It got very confusing sometimes.
But, however I did like how the novel revolved around the Internet. It felt very modern and it reminded me of The Internet Girl series by: Lauren Myracle and The Goldengirl series by: Micol Ostow.
The sequel What's Your Status? comes out July 1,2010.

3.5 stars


No comments:

Post a Comment