Saturday, April 24, 2010

The Lonely Hearts Club by: Elizabeth Eulberg

The Lonely Hearts Club by: Elizabeth Eulberg


Released on: December 29,2009 by Point




Summary: Penny is sick of boys and sick of dating. So she vows:no more. It's a personal choice...and,of course,soon everybody wants to know about it. And a few other girls are inspired. A movement is born: The Lonely Hearts Club (named after the band from Sgt.Pepper). Penny is suddenly known for her nondating ways...which is too bad,because there's this certain boy she can't help but like.



Review: Let me just start by saying Beatles fan will love this. I'm a BIG Beatles fan and loved whatever was dedicated to them in this book.


Penny Lane Bloom is heartbroken after her nasty break up with her boyfriend,Nate. After her break up she makes up The Lonely Hearts Club. A club where she vows to never date in high school ever again. Soon,other girls hear about her club and want to join. Soon the Club is known throughout her high school. But then,she starts having a crush on a boy...


I liked Penny. She seemed like a girl you would want to be friends with. She's fun,trustworthy,and sometimes had me laughing out loud. I basically liked all the characters in the book except for Nate and Rosanna.

What I didn't like about the book though,was that it seemed so PERFECT all the time. It was predictable. It was too cliche to me. Sometimes I felt it was fake. The school was perfect. The girl always got into their teams or whatever.

Grade: 4 stars

1 comment:

  1. Nice review, I understand what you said about it being too perfect, but I did enjoy it :)

    ReplyDelete