Friday, June 11, 2010

Airheard by: Meg Cabot

Airhead by: Meg Cabot

Released: May 13,2008 by Point

Summary: Emerson Watts, 16 and female, loves playing video games, hanging out with her best friend, Christopher, and has made peace with her less-than-supermodel-esque looks. But when she's involved in a mysterious accident, she wakes up to find she's now in the body of...a supermodel. Who was behind this switch? What was the motive? And how can she get Christopher to realize she's still the same person inside?


This was my first teen book by Meg Cabot,but it;s certainly not my last!

Review: Airhead tells the story of 17 year old outsider Emerson Watts. One day when she goes to the mall with her sister,Frieda a freak accident happens. Next thing she knows,when she wakes up she's not herself anymore,literally. She is no longer the shy,smart Emerson Watts. She is the gorgeous supermodel Nikki Howard. Now Emerson must juggle Nikki's life along with a crush and another superstar having a crush on her.

Airhead was a great read. I could easily relate to Emerson and really liked her voice. I also liked Nikki's best friend Lulu Collins (who is also a celebrity). she made me laugh out loud at times,which is really hard for me to do with a book.

The only characters that I didn't like were Whitney Robertson (the mean girl) and Emerson's sister Frieda. Frieda was a wannabee to Whitney Robertson and the original Nikki Howard. She was just too fake and annoying for me.

Overall,the story was really good and I'm pretty sure I'll be reading the next book Being Nikki.


4 stars

1 comment:

  1. Good review :) I've never read this book but I've always wanted to get it.

    -Briana

    ReplyDelete