Friday, October 1, 2010

Jennifer's Body By: Audrey Nixon

Jennifer's Body by: Audrey Nixon
Published: June 1 2009 by HarperTeen
Pages: 208

Summary: Someone needed to put a stop payment on Jennifer Check.

Some people find it hard to believe that a babe like Jennifer Check would associate with a dork like me, Needy Lesnicki. But we had history. We'd been the Wonder Twins since we were preverbal, and sandbox love never dies. Or at least that's what I thought.

But after that night in the woods, Jennifer was different. She looked different. And then the killings began. . . .

A lot of people ask me if I'm sorry I did it. I'm only sorry I didn't do it sooner.

Review:
Jennifer's Body was a bloody good read that leaves you flipping through the pages.

Jennifer's Body tells the story of Anita "Needy" and her best friend Jennifer. After narrowly getting out of a fire at a bar, Jennifer goes into a van with the band who just played. Anita, after repeatedly telling Jennifer not to go into the van, goes home. The next day at school, Jennifer seems not like herself plus there has been a link of gruesome killings all over her tiny town of Devil's Kettle and Anita thinks Jennifer might have something to do with it.

I really want to see this movie now that I read the book! It was so addicting,funny and gruesome all rolled into one. I read this in one sitting since it's only almost 200 pages. I found Anita funny and I liked her tough-girl personality.

Anita was annoying in the beginning though. She thought she was the shit and was very conceited at times. Jennifer was the "it-girl". She was the girl who had it all, friends, boyfriends,and most importantly, looks. I didn't like her beginning. middle, and end. Of course, I sympathized her, but bitch saw it coming. Also, the book is highly predictable, thanks to the beginning.

Jennifer's Body was a fantastic read even though it was predictable. I can't wait to see the movie!

Overall: I know what I'm getting the next time I go to blockbuster.

3.5 stars

No comments:

Post a Comment