Thursday, December 2, 2010

Love Sucks! By: Melissa Francis

Love Sucks! by: Melissa Francis
Published: July 27 2010 by HarperCollins

Other books in this series: Bite Me!

Summary: AJ Ashe is moving on. Sure she still has not-so-sisterly feelings for Ryan, her ex-boyfriend-turned-step-brother, but there’s a new vampire in town and his name is Alexander Archer. Caught between the desire to move forward with Sexy Lexy and being drawn to her past with Ryan, AJ thinks life couldn’t get anymore complicated. Yeah, right. When her mother’s pregnancy is threatened, it looks like AJ’s long lost father is the only person who can save her. But Dad’s help comes with a price. AJ is forced join the evil side of her family, and a very creepy shape-shifting demon is there to make sure AJ cooperates. All this and she’s still got to plan the prom. Being a teenager is tough, but being a teenage vampire just flat out sucks. Pun totally intended.

Review: Just when A.J. thought all her worries were over her father comes back into her life. To protect herself and her family her auntie Tave hires her nephews Robbie and Lex, to help train her. But A.J. finds herself falling for Lex while still trying to get over Ryan. With prom just around the corner and a new prophecy brother or sister on the way A.J.'s life is back to being crazy and unexpected.

Love Sucks! was a great sequel to the Bite Me! series. It felt just like Bite Me! but I still had a few problems with it.

I felt that this book was more slower than Bite Me!. I would pick this up and then put it back down and stop reading. Also, I really wasn't a fan of "sexy Lexy" a.k.a Aunty Tave's nephew. I felt that there wasn't any chemistry between A.J. and him. I also found him a bit stalkerish, like reading A.J.'s thoughts? That was a little creepy and annoying. Another character I just did not like was Bridget, A.J.'s best friend. She would just annoy me, but she really wasn't in the book until the end.

Except for those two characters, I loved the rest of them. A.J. is always headstrong and doesn't complain about her problems. What's not to love about Ryan? He's cute, nice, and funny. I also really liked Malia and Robbie. I think they should have been in the book more.

Although this book was slow, it was addicting. Melissa Francis' writing draws you right in. I thought the ending was amazing. It made me laugh one minute and the next made me gasp with surprise. I can't wait to read more from this series.

Overall: Love Sucks! is a slow but great book in the Bite Me! series.

3 stars

No comments:

Post a Comment