Friday, September 3, 2010

Jumping off Swings by: Jo Knowles

Jumping off Swings by: Jo Knowles
Released August 11 by Candlewick Press
Other books by this author: Lessons from a Dead Girl and Pearl

Summary:
Tells, from four points of view, the ramifications of a pregnancy resulting from a "one-time thing" between Ellie, who feels loved when boys touch her, and Josh, an eager virgin with a troubled home life.

Review: I guess the best way to start this review is to talk about the characters since it is told from four points of view:

Ellie: starting in I really hated Ellie. I thought she was a slut but getting into it more I really started liking her more. Ellie was a hopeless romantic who thought boys wanted her for more than just sex. But that's all they really used her for. After about 70 pages I started liking her more.

Corinne: Oh god,where do I begin with this girl? Corinne is simply a horny ass bitch. There I said it. I HATED her! She would listen to her sister having sex with her boyfriend and would bombard Ellie with questions every-time after she had sex. She would want details which just freaked me out. She could be a HUGE bitch sometimes. It was a torture to read when it came to her POV.

Josh: I didn't really get into Josh that much. He didn't really have a lot of POV. I think he only had 7 chapters out of 41!! I did like Josh,though. He didn't mean to have sex,mainly he just wanted to get the other guys off his back.

Caleb: Caleb was my favorite character in this book. He rocked. He was nice and not a pervert liked the other guys in the book.

One major problem I had with this book was the only person you really got to know was Caleb. You don't really find about the other characters. I really wanted to like this book and I've been wanting to read it for a while. I'm very disappointed in this.

2.5 stars

No comments:

Post a Comment