Friday, September 24, 2010

Legacy by: Kate Brian (Private #6)

Legacy By: Kate Brian (Private #6)

Published: February 8, 2008 by Simon Pulse

Other Books In This Series: Private, Invitation Only, Untouchable, Confessions, Inner Circle, Legacy, Ambition, Revelation, Paradise Lost, Suspicion, Scandal, Vanished, and Ominous.

Summary: The price of power...

After Cheyenne Martin's death, everyone at Easton Academy is struggling to recover from yet another tragedy--especially the girls of Billings Hall. With Cheyenne gone, they need to elect a new leader. And who better than Reed Brennan, the ultimate Billings Girls?

As the new Billings president, Reed suddenly has access to power she never imagined. Gossip is reported to her immediately, she has first dibs on everything from dining tables to dorm rooms, and Billings's most powerful alumnae are at her beck and call. So when Easton's students discover they're the only prep school on the East Coast not invited to this year's all-inclusive Legacy party, everyone turns to Reed to get them back on the list.

Reed is the most powerful girl at Easton.

She revels in her newfound status, but knows better than anyone that the Bilings leaders have a tainted legacy: Ariana was institutionalized, Noelle was expelled, and Cheyenne just died. History has a way of repeating itself at Easton, and now that Reed has everything she's ever wanted, she has everything to lose.


Review:
Legacy was a great book in the Private series that left me off the edge off my seat.

Cheyenne Martin's suicide has hit everyone in Billings in the face especially Reed since she thinks she is the one that caused it. She gets e-mails everyday saying it was her fault from...Cheyenne. On top of the guilt, the Billings girls make Reed her the new president of Billings plus nobody has heard about the Legacy, the yearly party for exclusive private schools which is supposed to happen in a few weeks. Was the Legacy called off or was Billings just not invited?

Why did I ever stop reading this series!? I forgot how amazing and addicting it was!

I love it when a book has a small detail but later it can be a huge, life changing deal. This series always does that and by the time it happens you are like Damn! I should have seen that coming! but you didn't. Normally by now I would have grown tired by a main character in a series, but I really like Reed. She's not perfect she makes mistakes but usually not stupid ones that would make you scream at. She's realistic.

I think every Private book leaves you off with a cliffhanger which is what happens here. It was not the type that would make me go out and buy the next book right away but close to it. Another problem I had with this book was the amount of secondary characters. I understand that the series takes place in a boarding school but there were just so many! Let me list some of the top of my head Portia, Astrid ,Amberly ,Rose ,Vienna, London do I need to go on?

This was a great book in the Private series. I can't wait to read the next book, Ambition.

Overall: A great sequel in the Private series.

4 stars

No comments:

Post a Comment