Monday, October 12, 2009

The Fashion Disaster that Changed My Life by: Lauren Myracle

The Fashion Disaster that Changed My Life by:Lauren Myracle
Released: May 22,2007
Publisher:Puffin

3 Stars




Summary: Out of all the people in the world,why do I have to be the freak who went to school on the very first Day of the school year with a pair of panties stuck by static cling to the leg of my pants?!!!





Seventh Grade was supposed to be Alli`s breakout year-only her big debut ends up being a disaster. Then queen bee Rachel Delaney takes Rachel under her wing,and Alli finds herself in the inner circle of 7th grade cool. But the inner circle is nothing like Alli expected,and there`s ugliness lurking behind the prettiest faces. Can Allie figure out where she fits in, or will she get caught up with the glamour of running with the in crowd?





Review: This book was so short! It was 135 pages! This was my first non IM book by Lauren Myracle so I was a little nervous. But this book was pretty good.

Alli was very like able. I could relate to her and Megan. They were my favorites. Kathy was probably the most unlikeable character that I have ever read about. She would always bring up how fat Alli was or always be snobby. Sometimes I wanted Alli to say something to her,but she didn`t. I think Kathy should`ve been the "Mean Girls" and not Rachel,Mika,and Hadley. I seriously wanted to stab Kathy. I like the "Mean Girls." I would rather be friends with them than Kathy. Eww.

Overall: The book was to short for me. If it was a little bigger maybe the rating would be higher. It was great though.

1 comment:

  1. Yea!! You're so right about Kathy but, i like the fact that its short cause you would be able to read more of Lauren Myracle's books at once. Instead of reading at fat book and not being able to read more at one time. But yes i do agree with you about kathy and how the mean girls would be better friends.

    ReplyDelete